Escape BootcampNavigate your career change with clarity and confidence.
A weekend workshop. Limited to 15 places on a first come, first served basis.
NYC, USA: July 22 – 23rdBook Now
Is it time to make a change? Or should you continue on your current path?
If you do change, what will you do instead? How can you transition intelligently? How can you utilise your current skills or build new ones? What about money? And what if it all goes wrong?
In one weekend, you’ll get clear on your next steps, gain the tools to make a change, and have the confidence to move forward.
What is the Escape Bootcamp?
A 2-day masterclass to get clear on your career next steps and build your Escape plan.
What you'll learn
- The future of work and your potential within it
- Which ingredients of fulfilling work are missing for you
- How much of a career change you need
- Common career change myths and how to avoid them
- The psychology of ‘stuck’ and how to get unstuck
- Ways to utilise your skills to create new opportunities
- How to build your Escape fund & transition intelligently
- How to act like an entrepreneur in your career
- Build an Escape plan with clarity and confidence
What do you get?
- The Escape Guide to finding direction
- 2 days of intensive & practical workshops
- Tactics, tools and strategies to reinvent yourself
- An Escape plan with next steps
- A group of likeminded Escape allies to support you
- Spending 2 full days working on your future
- A post-course private online community
- Delicious lunches, snacks, tea and coffee
“A really fantastic couple of days which I gained masses out of: an arsenal of tools, a pile of confidence, and a great bunch of people.”
Marina, March 2017
How will the weekend run?
Saturday: Set up & plan
Session 1: Introductions & Intentions
– Learn about Escape’s story, your instructor’s Escape story, and get to know your fellow bootcampers
– Set intentions: what do you want to get out of the weekend?
Session 2: The Future of Work & You
– Understand why workplace dissatisfaction is so rampant and what you can change in your personal situation
– Learn how future of work trends will affect you and what you can do to adapt
Session 3: Demystifying Career Change
– The #1 mistake most career changers fall for and how to avoid it
– Learn common career change myths and strategies to address them
Session 4: Career & Life Audit
– Examine your career and life to-date to get clearer on how much change you need
– Identify which core ingredients of fulfilling work missing for you
– Tactics to uncover your natural strengths and superpowers
Session 5: Uncover Your Values & What Matters Most
– Get clear on what kind of work gives you energy or takes it away
– How to use your values to make difficult and important decisions
– What do you desire? Get back in touch with your untapped dreams and life goals
– Where are you going? Uncover what your “Ideal Day” looks like and create a 5-year vision for your lifeSession 2: Start Where You Are
– Learn three powerful tactics to uncover your interests and what makes you tick
– Become an “idea machine” and generate new ideas for yourself
– Learn how to think like an entrepreneur and design your own careerSession 3: Map Out Your Future Possibilities
– Uncover which interests, strengths, skills, and assets you’ll use to create new possibilities for yourself
– Draw a ‘Map of Possibilities’ to navigate your future and confidently choose your next stepsSession 4: What’s Stopping You? Fears, Doubts & Blockers
– Learn how to identify and overcome the ‘Blockers’ and obstacles in your way
– Learn how to trick your mind into doing important but difficult things
– Build your Escape Fund to transition intelligentlySession 5: How to Create New Opportunities
– Learn the 3 strategies successful career changers employ to create opportunities for themselves
– Launch your own Escape Project in an exciting new direction
– How to sustain your Escape and keep moving forward with purpose
Skye has run the national enterprise campaign StartUp Britain, worked in entrepreneurial policy, is on the advisory board of think tank The Entrepreneurs Network, and is currently designing and delivering career change and startup programs at Escape The City, to help people find work they love or build their own business. Skye has helped hundreds of people launch businesses and new careers.
Cost + Dates + Location