Contact Us & FAQsChoose the right route for your enquiry
Program and Member Enquiries
Email us on email@example.com
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Event and Community Enquiries
Email Monica on email@example.com
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up?
Welcome to Escape – sign up here and start your journey!
Once signed in you will have access to our latest and greatest opportunities from around the world. You will also be able to discover more about our Programs (our intensive career change and startup communities).
If you’re feeling stuck or in need of change in your career, why not have a look at our Escape Accelerator Program? It’s a 3-month intensive course that helps you find direction and transition towards more fulfilling work.
If you think you want to start a business, check out our Startup Programs. Our intensive 2-day or 12 week part-time programs are highly practical experiences aimed at accelerating your entrepreneurial journey.
Where do I start?
The whole Escape the City concept is aimed at helping you answer this question:“if not this, then what?”
Everything we do is designed to help smart, ambitious people like you make brave career transitions.
Escape encourages you to put your life into your own hands and to step deliberately into a more exciting future. Sounds like a big job – it is! And we are here to help you every step of the way.
How do we do this?
1. Opportunities – We run a job board filled with exciting alternatives for mainstream corporate professionals. Although originally London-based, we aim to post a wide range of entrepreneurial and positive-impact roles from around the world. You can check out our opportunities page, here.
2. Programs – We run part-time 12 week programs and intensive 2 day bootcamps, which are community-focused career change experiences for direction-seekers and aspiring entrepreneurs. If you are serious about stopping talking and starting doing, our programs may be just the momentum-builders you’re looking for.
All of these are good places to start:
- Browse our live opportunities – here
- Search for exciting employers – here
- Find out more about our programs (support for your transition) – here
- Read about people who have made brave transitions through our NYC Founding Members Escape Program – here
- Have a read through our blog – here
- Check out our latest events in London and New York – here
- Join your local community across the globe – here
How can I contact you guys?
The best way to get a really speedy response from the Esc team is to send us a tweet or send us a Direct Message via our Facebook page. Also, please have a look down this list of FAQs as you may find that your question has already been answered.
If you’re absolutely bursting to contact us in private you can email email@example.com. Thanks for your help!
Can I meet someone at Escape?
Much as we’d love to say yes to every request for coffee (and cake) we have to be disciplined on this front – otherwise we’d never get anything done (and be on a permanent caffeine high!).
We’re always up for helping out with your escape or hearing from you if you’re an ally in the struggle to do work that matters – so either drop us a message via (Twitter or Facebook) or come along to one of our next public events in London and New York (check out our Eventbrite page).
Can I apply to work at Escape?
Any opportunities at Escape in New York or London will appear on our employer page – if there is a live role, please apply via our site – thanks for your interest.
How do I submit a new idea for Esc?
Can I share something with you?
How can I learn about the Escape story?
I have Escaped! How can I share my story?
Absolutely fantastic news! Congratulations. Nothing makes our day more than reading about someone who has decided to navigate the same terrifying and exciting escape trajectory as us.
We’d love to hear your story. Just fill out this short form to share it with us.
How can I speak at one of your events?
Thank you for your interest in wanting to speak for Escape. We are always looking to diversify our events and we host speakers that range from entrepreneurs and career coaches to explorers and authors. If you have an escape story to tell and lessons or expertise to share, we’d love to hear from you.
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us a bit more about you and your background and we will get back to you if it is something we feel would work out. Our events reduce dramatically over summer and we do get a lot of interest so please be patient with us.
Who can I talk to about partnering or collaborating?
We get a lot of people asking to partner with us, and we want to grow our likeminded communities so we can help as many people as possible. Please email us your thoughts and we can take it from there; email@example.com.
What kind of stories can you help with?
We can help you with a range of different press-worthy stories:
- Career Trends – Why are more and more people leaving the corporate world and what are they doing instead?
- Education Trends – Why we think traditional education is a racket and what we think the alternatives are.
- Our Startup Story – 3 young corporate professionals with no experience starting a business from a blog.
- Crowdfunding – In 2012 we raised £600,000 investment from our own members, after turning down one of London’s top VCs.
- Feature Pieces – Individual transitions (stories of bankers now in the third sector, lawyers now running charities in Africa, etc).
- Guest Articles – We’re happy to write a guest article on a topic of your choosing across startups, education or careers.
If you want a quick quote for a story or you’d like to discuss a piece about Escape please drop the team an email – firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and we can better direct your enquiry.
What is your headline press information?
Escape the City was started by two ex-management consultants as a project designed to connect like-minded people who wanted to ‘do something different’ outside of the corporate mainstream.
Launched originally as a blog, founders Rob and Dom decided to build www.escapethecity.org when they realised that there was considerable demand amongst corporate professionals for exciting opportunities outside of the corporate mainstream.
- Launched: January 2010
- Based In: Bathtub to Boardroom in Bank, London, United Kingdom
- Members: Over 320,000 professionals (1000 new per week)
- Locations: 54% UK, 19% USA and 27% ‘rest of world’.
- Visits Per Month: 119,000 visits.
- Funding: Equity crowdfunded a record (for an online business) £600,000 from 395 Esc members in July 2012.
- Team: 3 partners, and 12 full time employees.
- Business Model: recruitment advertising (exciting employers), education (The Escape School courses) and events.
- Clients: Organizations using Escape include exciting brands, progressive organizations, startups, social enterprises, charities, African beach lodges… anything that isn’t a big, traditional corporate!
Success Stories: see here for our greatest escape stories.